The Boston Consulting Group GmbH
Jens is a Principal in our Berlin office and a core member of BCG's Energy practice. Since joining the firm in 2010, Jens has focused on projects in the fields of energy and strategy, especially on topics around renewable and decentral energy. He has led several projects in the KSA power sector.
Relevant project experience (selection)
- Climate change strategy for the German industry, including energy market modeling, analysis of technical levers to reduce CO2 footprints in production, processes, energy,...
- Decentral and renewable energy strategy for an international utility, including implementation plan
- 'Smart City' growth and go-to-market strategy for a large German utility
- Full corporate strategy process for a large international utility, including generation modeling and detailed strategies for every major business unit (generation, transmission, distribution, retail)
- Comprehensive performance benchmarking for all core business units of a large international utility
- Innovation strategy around new business models and energy-related services for a large German utility
- 100-day/full potential plan for the new CEO of a leading global uranium enrichment player
- Market modeling and impact projection of renewables in German power market for a large German utility
- Inorganic growth strategy for a large German utility in energy-adjacent spaces
- New business model, energy efficiency growth strategy for the services business of a large lighting OEM
- Several turnaround projects for energy companies and energy OEMs
- 'Klimapfade für Deutschland'—detailed climate change mitigation paths for the German economy
- 'The future of utilities'—major change drivers in European energy, strategic options for utilities
- 'Toward a new balance of power'—Future German energy market landscape, emerging business models, development of generation capacities, power prices, market potentials ...
- 'The energy efficiency opportunity'—Strategic assessment of energy efficiency and contracting markets
- Doctorate degree in Corporate Finance (Dr. rer. pol.), European Business School
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Business diploma (Dipl.-Kfm.), European Business School